Aramo is a village in the north-west Syria, where lie green highlands, productive soil, cool summers prevail, and snow covers land in winter.
Just 30km from the coast of Mediterranean.
The village is known to be populated by Armenians, but 1947 they left in large numbers to Armenia. Now a few families live there.
The name Aramo probably comes from name “Aram”, an Armenian name, and also the name of ancient people inhabited here (Arameans).
An old church is kept alive since 1310, St Stepanos (St Stephen), which stands in the middle of the village. The door was closed but as we appeared near to it, a young man asked and offered to fetch the keys to enter it.
The church is small one, contains some ancient stones carved lauerel leaves.
Another old church near Aramo.
An old cave from ancient times, seen a cross-stone, and green cloth. Muslims also come here for worshipping.
An old church, standing only the side-walls, no roof. It is St Mary church.